Monday, April 15, 2013
Game the Eighteenth: Screencap Scavenger Hunt
I find it quite delightful that I, Miss Dashwood, should have had the privilege of organising the eighteenth game here at the Club, as eighteen is my favorite number and the one I tend to use the most when I am speaking of a great many things. I might not have noticed either of these facts if it had not been for Miss Marianne, who kindly pointed out my rather excessive usage of the digits... the idea that it should be my favorite number seemed the next logical step, because I wouldn't use a number so much if I didn't like it, now would I?
This week your challenge is to find twelve pictures in the screencap albums here at the Club. Miss Marianne took a great deal of time and effort last summer to compile a comprehensive index of lovely screencaps, and it is my intention that each one of you go through them and fully appreciate them. As an incentive, I've given you a list of twelve items to search for. You must go through the albums (conveniently linked at the beginning of this paragraph, and again here in case you are too lazy to scroll back up) to find these pictures, keeping in mind that there may be several screencaps to fit one requirement. For example, I might have asked you for a picture of Jane Bennet wearing a bonnet. There are quite a few pictures that fit that description, and any one of them would be a correct answer. This is a very open-ended game--however, if I DO ask for a picture of a bonneted Jane Bennet and you give me a smirking Mr. Collins, I shall have to mark that answer as incorrect.
Clear as mud?
Good. Moving on.
Find all twelve of the pictures listed below, then copy and paste the image URLs into a comment with the corresponding number and leave the comment on this post. I shall keep tabs on your comments all week long--though I can't promise I'll reply with your score--and on Saturday a winner will be announced.
Here is the list:
1. Elizabeth Bennet and Georgiana Darcy curtseying to one another.
2. Mr. Bingley looking confused.
3. Mr. Darcy smiling (and the end picture from the wedding isn't allowed! You must dig deeper!).
4. Lydia Bennet wearing a bonnet.
5. Mary Bennet at the pianoforte.
6. Mr. Darcy's ridiculous stockings (stockings must be fully visible in the picture).
7. Mrs. Bennet listening at the door.
8. Mrs. Gardiner writing a letter.
9. Miss Caroline Bingley drinking tea.
10. Mr. Wickham at the seaside.
11. Maria Lucas looking frightened.
12. Jane Bennet with her hair down.