Time for a new trivia quiz--this time focusing on Episode Two, which may very well be my favorite in the series (though Episode Four comes awfully close...). Please comment with your answers until Friday, January 4th, when the game will close. You may submit only one guess per question (though if you comment with guesses for only some of the questions, you may come back to complete the questions you didn't attempt before). Clear as mud? Excellent. We shall proceed.
All the questions come from Episode Two (yes, thank you, Mary) and I have done my best to make them neither too hard nor too easy. I will announce a winner on Saturday, a winner who will achieve fame and glory and all that nonsense, but no prize because we don't give prizes here at the Club. We are either too poor to do so or we are cheapskates; you may take your pick and think what you like of us. :D Everything in order? Good. Then we shall proceed. ("You said that before." "Hush up, can't you?")
1. What is it that Mr. Darcy "does so secretly" when the party are assembled in the Netherfield drawing room?
2. Mr. Bennet announces that someone is coming to dinner at Longbourn-- it seems that everyone has a different guess as to who it might be. Who does Lydia think it is?
3. Which Bennet sister gets the "privilege" of the first dance with Mr. Collins at the Netherfield ball?
4. What game does Mrs. Phillips play with Mr. Collins and other unimportant people at her card-party?
5. Just how much did that chimney-piece at Rosings Park cost?
6. How old is Lydia at this point in the story?
7. What is Mr. Darcy's exact response to this speech of Elizabeth's? "We each have an unsocial, taciturn disposition, unwilling to speak unless we expect to say something that will amaze the whole room."
8. What piece does Mrs. Hurst play on the pianoforte at the Netherfield ball?
9. Which unfortunate girl possesses the frock that Mr. Collins trod on and tore?
10. What are Mr. Collins' three reasons for marrying (list in order, please)?