As this blog abounds in information about P&P95, I must remind you to be Good Girls and play completely from memory even though it might be too easy to spot some of the answers in places. ;) That being so, it would be best to take the quiz all at once, but if there’s one question that’s really bugging you and you know you might remember it later, without any help, (this happens to me a lot) feel free to skip it and answer it later. But each question may only be answered once for this game.
A total of 17 points can be obtained. I will be checking your answers, commenting with your scores and noting any you didn't answer & might wish to come back to. The answers will be accepted through Friday, December 14th and the following day the answers and player scores will be posted.
1. Who is the very first character to speak?
a. Elizabeth Bennet
b. Mr. Darcy
c. Mrs. Bennet
d. Mr. Bingley
2. When is the first time Mr. Darcy asks Elizabeth to dance (in the movie, of course)?
a. The party at Lucas Lodge
b. The Meryton Assembly
c. The Netherfield ball
d. One of the evenings at Netherfield while Jane is ill
3. How long is P&P?
a. 2 ½ hours
b. 4 hours
c. 5 hours
d. 6 hours
4. How many episodes are there in P&P?
Yes or No
5. Is Elizabeth dancing in the first scene during the ball at Meryton?
6. In the movie Elizabeth says “I am determined that nothing but the very deepest love will induce me into matrimony.” Is this quote in the book? (Now, I know it’s a bit tricky to be asking a question connected with the book, but most P&P95 fans have a knowledge of it, and I happen to like in-the-book-not-in-the-book trivia. If I am a wild Beast, I cannot help it. It is not my own fault.)
7. In the book, when Mrs. Bennet reproaches Kitty for coughing (“Don't keep coughing so, Kitty, for heaven's sake! Have a little compassion on my nerves. You tear them to pieces.”), Kitty responds “I do not cough for my own amusement!” Is Kitty’s quote included in the movie or not?
8. How many inches deep in mud did one of Mr. Bingley’s sisters declare Elizabeth’s petticoat to be when she arrived at Netherfield?
10. What is the very first line Elizabeth utters?
11. “Well, my dear, if Jane should die of this fever, it will be comfort to know it was all in pursuit of Mr. Bingley, and under your orders.” –Mr. Bennet
What was Mrs. Bennet’s exact response? (No cheating, now! Play from memory here! ;) )
Multiple Points Question
12. Where does each episode end? As in, what is the last scene of each episode? (If I was asking this question for the 2009 Emma, for example, I would say that Episode 1 ended right after Emma and Mr. Knightley’s argument about Harriet and Mr. Martin.) 1 point will be awarded for each correctly guessed episode ending.