Here are the answers to last week's game, folks!
1. The lady who owned Luckington Court (Longbourn) and let her house be disrupted for the filming was offered the role of an extra in P&P, but declined.
2. The actors who played Sir William and Lady Lucas were married in real life.
False (as far as I know :P)
3. Colin Firth had read Pride and Prejudice before being offered the role of Mr. Darcy.
False. But he read it afterwards, and before playing Mr. Darcy, and has since read all of Jane Austen's novels, I believe, and has a proper appreciation for them.
4. Jennifer Ehle first read P&P when she was twelve, and adored it (and Elizabeth) from the very first.
True. Everyone give her a hand!!
5. Lucy Davis (Maria Lucas) originally auditioned for Lydia Bennet.
True. In fact, she almost got the part, but they wanted somebody more experienced. They were impressed by how much work she put into it, though.
6. Crispin Bonham-Carter was partially chosen because he looked distinctively different than Colin Firth's Mr. Darcy so that no one would get them confused.
7. Susannah Harker (Jane) and Jennifer Ehle (Lizzy) both had wigs made to play their characters.
False. Lizzy's hair was a wig, but Jane's was Susannah's own (dyed a bit lighter, and cut in front for the Regency style).
8. There was a slight panic when the dance scenes at Lucas Lodge were about to be filmed, because somebody had recently waxed the floor and it was far too slippery to dance on. The polish wouldn't come off so someone finally suggested un-slip-ifying the floor by mopping it with Coke, and it worked.
True! I found this hilarious.
And our winner is Kerry, with everything right! Everyone did a pretty good job though!