Tuesday, May 5, 2020

For your quarantined entertainment...

Well, hello lovely Reader!

It's been a while since the last update here, and I (Miss Elizabeth), thought that while we were all quarantined together (but separately, in our own homes, of course), I might write a post to entertain us all. If you're climbing the walls, desperate to get out of the house (or if your job qualifies as an essential one, in which case we all salute you mightily), I can't do much about that, but I can provide you with at least a few P&P95-tinged moments of delight. Because even though the outside world is rather a mess right now, we can still laugh here on our corner of the internet.

So, for your quarantined entertainment, a few ideas:

Elizabeth Bennet being iconic for more than 6 minutes straight


And on the other side of the equation:



Because why not?


 


This allows for so much delight: you can laugh at (or pity) Mary, commiserate with six versions of Elizabeth, and pooh-pooh inferior versions of Pride and Prejudice (ie. the Gone With the Wind-esque costumes of the 1940 version, the fact that there is some inexplicable Brahms sheet music on the pianoforte in the 1980 version, and any part of the 2005 version you like).

And lastly, if you really want to spend a lot of time if P&P-land, here's Jennifer Ehle herself reading Pride and Prejudice. 


That's it for me. My deepest hopes that, wherever you are, you are safe and well. I'll be back soon, hopefully, with a series in which I re-watch the entirety of P&P95 for the first time in... a while. Just to test if "my affections and wishes are unchanged."

Yours, etc.
Miss Elizabeth

1 comment:

Emmanuelle said...

These are so funny! I've recently found your blog and am enjoying reading. I love Pride and Prejudice 1995!